Tuesday, March 26, 2013

1 Year Later

Today is the 1 year anniversary of starting my blog and man, o man, it's been a ride. As I look back over the past year I ask myself how I'm doing compared w/ where I was 1 year ago. Am I better off, worse off, or have I remained stagnant? I have made some huge strides in regards to my personal awareness and understanding, but aside from that I would have to say I'm in pretty much the same spot as I was; and in some cases, I'm worse off. :( That's terrible. I wish I could report a year of growth and abstinence and sobriety. But I can't. I'm still caught in the spin cycle.

But I can't let myself dwell on that fact too long or I'll really start feeling shitty.

On the bright side, I haven't thrown in the towel or said all is lost. I'm continuing the fight and the uphill climb. Maybe this year will spark a change or a fire within. Maybe this will be the year that I finally understand where all this shit comes from and what void or hole am I trying to fill?

"If you can't fly, then run; if you can't run then walk; if you can't walk then crawl!
But whatever you do you have to keep MOVING FORWARD!"

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary Buddy! It is going to be a better year for sure.

    ReplyDelete