Friday, July 12, 2013

It Is Only a Matter of My Fix

I had a work friend of mine ask me to listen to a song on his iTunes playlist. When I listened to it
I about shit myself! The song pretty much summed up who I am and my life thus far.

"No Eyes" - by Baths

You take me and I'll take you
In the pit there in the smoke.
I can never make out your face, or at least I can't remember it
I have no eyes, I have no love, I have no hope.


And it is not a matter of
If you mean it,
But it is only a matter of
Come and fuck me.
And it is not a matter of
If you love it,
But it is only a matter of
My fix.


It gets all in the way, the pit in my throat.
This isn't the adulthood I thought I wrote.
And I never see your face, but I just might be okay,
Because I have no eyes, I have no love, I have no hope.


And it is not a matter of
If you need it,
But it is only a matter of
Come and fuck me.
And it is not a matter of
If you love me,
But it is only a matter of
My fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment